Friday 9 February 2007

Fang Fingers...



We sang Oh Canada for the first time since San Jose and were treated to a wonderful display of the Predators beating the Leafs: 4 - 2. As I am a Canadiens fan, watching the Leafs lose is one of life's great pleasures. I feel for you Park.



If you were around when I was in San Jose, I wrote about the Shark Attack...well, the title to this blog is what the fans do when the Preds go "ON THE POWERPLAY!!!" You can take what you want from "fang fingers" but I'd have to say that it looked like most people were more embarrassed that proud to "fang" it up!!



After the poor display by the old guys on Wednesday night (you have to visit Tootsies when you visit Nashville), Doug was given the ultimatium by Karla to "not show his age" on game night and he didn't disappoint. There is so much going on around the Gaylord Entertaiment Center that we had to enjoy a couple of beers after the game while listening to the live music that never seems to stop.

James and Doug...if only they were really that sexy:


The Ryman Auditorium (or the Grand Ole Oprey). For the Neil Young fans, this is where the Heart of Gold concert was recorded...definitley a huge highlight of my trip:


Doug is heading back to Upper C tomorrow and the rest of us start the road trip to Greensboro. I've been trying to convince Doug to carry on with us but it seems he has to go...responsibilities really tie you down. Art and James only have one game left and then I'll be travelling on my own for a time. Hopefully the Blogs don't get wierd as I slowly go crazy after too much time alone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello to Chris, Art & Jamie from Adam & Mel in Halifax. I'm glad to see "y'all" are having such a good time on this once in a lifetime journey! Don't beat up on the Leafs too much, now that they've crept up on the Habs to within four points!! I think it's great that you've decided to start this web page so we can see and follow your trip. Have a safe and enjoyable tour of the rest of North America. Enjoy the Southern hospitality of the Patriquins-Don't watch too much NASCAR!!