Saturday 24 February 2007

It means more here...





I was tossing up between that title (which I saw a few places around the arena) or Mmmmm..Philly Cheese Steak (damn they're good!). So the Flyers lost to the Leafs 5 - 2. The Leafs looked pretty good...what am I saying. I mean the Flyers just played bad!! Great rink, great fans and boy do they hate to lose - they targeted one Flyer defenseman in particular (anyone want to guess who it was??).

Centre ice seats but only one row from the top:


Since Mark and Ed departed, I have been down and out with a cold but I managed to drag my sorry butt out of the hotel room to have a look around Philadelphia today and I was glad I did. After not enough researching, I hopped in the car and drove to the rink, parked there and took the train downtown. Got off at City Hall:


and then commenced to wander...first in circles as I had no idea where I wanted to go, then I remembered the Liberty Bell and worked my way in that direction.

I walked around for a few hours - down Market St into the Old City and a brief visit at the Independence Visitor Center. I was going to see the Liberty Bell but there was a massive queue and as I have no patience, I just kept on walking. What's the big deal about a bell with a crack anyway?? Only kidding - check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Bell for more information.

Some old building??:


Off to New York tomorrow - if I can make it into and out of Philly alive, bring on the Big Apple!

No comments: