Thursday 11 January 2007

Shark attack...



The streak has ended. The Sharks go down to the Oilers 3-2. I can't say I'm disapppointed though as I couldn't help myself but cheer for the Canadian team. My goal was to always cheer for the home team but as I have never actuallly acheived any goal I have ever set for myself, failing this one comes as no surprise.
The Oilers managed to score 3 unanswered goals from 6 shots in the first period and they were all point shots. The Sharks fans were less than impressed. The Sharks managed to fight back over the next 2 periods but pulled up short in the end. Had another fight but not really one to make a big deal about. I do have to mention, though, that the San Jose fans are quite a unique group of individuals. I'm not sure they actually know what they are booing or cheering for! At one point, they were so upset about a referee's decision that they were all shouting "Bullshit, Bullshit, etc." - quite comical! We did get to witness one fasinating crowd behaviour - when the visiting team gets a penalty, the scoreboard flashes that it's a "Shark Attack" and all the fans motion with their arms like the jaws of a shark chomping up and down?? Inarresting... If you're lucky, I'll video myself and put it up later to show you what it actually looks like.

Thankfully, we arrived safe and sound through the worst traffic experienced to date. That lovely British lady, who guides us uncompromisingly from place to place, delivered us right to Trevor's front door (well, the neighbours place but that was my fault). Who is this mystery woman, you might ask? Well, it's our GPS and I am now asking for entries to name her. I'm having trouble loading a video so you'll have to imagine an computer generated voice with a British accent??

I have to say, Art and I have been extremely lucky with the quality of the hospitality we have been given over the last week...I'll make a big assumption here and credit it all to the hosts having a Nova Scotia connection?? Trevor greeted us with beers and he even chose to miss the last game of his own hockey regular season to attend the game with us. And how good of hosts are Trevor and Bronwyn? They drove us to the game! A good friend of theirs, Kara attended as well.

All of us Canucks after the game:


Only a quick stay with Trevor, Brownyn (and the cats) and then off to LA for the Kings v Sharks game on Thursday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would totally enjoy a vid with a "Shark attack". My famous friend who hooks me up with hotel rooms, Becky, used to be the HR person for that stadium said that the shark attack is hilarious. Hook us up Chris! We want a shark attack!!!
*Blanco*

Anonymous said...

bush!

Anonymous said...

Went on a baby name website and searched names that meant "lost". Apparently Perdita means lost with the english version of the name being Perdy. (Yes, I am on mat leave and have too much time on my hands.) - Lisa

Anonymous said...

....from one of the comments below, it appears there has been some Trueman House influence on this blog.