Wednesday 10 January 2007

Redwood Highway...

I guess there is more pressure than ever to get these posts up promptly and to apparently, make them funny as well. I can tell you, there is nothing funny about spending 3 days in the car with Art! Actually, the drive down to Portland was grey and hectic on the interstate and while driving through Portland to get to Mac's place, Art had a firm grip on the "holy shit" handle while I was changing lanes on the turnpikes. Apparently, we are both allowed to drive but only I get to drive into and out of the cities.

Mac and Rachel have a great place just south of Portland and put us up for the night. Rachel was a great host and a great cook but doesn't do laundry and now we're starting to smell! Amayzingly, we were able to get 12, 16oz cans of Miller High Life for $6.50. Pony reckons all we had to do was throw a slice of lemon or lime in there and we would have had ourselves a poor man's Corona! It was great to catch up with Mac and we had a great night trying to remember the last time we saw each other.

Mark and Rachel's Place:



We took Highway 1 from Portland to Eureka, which allowed us to drive along the coast, through rainforests, Redwood forests and small coastal towns.



It was a great drive and since it was winter there was hardly any traffic. I wish there was a funny story for the day but if you consider a couple of farts and singing along to bad radio funny...then there you go.
So we made it to just outside San Jose today and are staying with Trevor and Bronwyn. Had a great trip through the Avenue of the Giants - a great 30mile scenic trip.



Golden Gate Bridge:


Big game tonight. San Jose and the Oilers. Might be hard to cheer for a non Canadian team tonight but I'll follow my heart and see where that leads me. Let's go Oliers!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Guys.... I'm A former Pictou native living in Maine...this sounds like a dream endeavor....


Todd Macfarlane

Anonymous said...

hi chris...it's derek mackinnon. not sure if u remember. my folks sent me ur link from an article in evening news. I am now the video coach for the dallas stars. if u r coming to dallas, please let me know.

derek
dmackinnon@dallasstars.com
2149066344

Anonymous said...

Hi MacLean

Ed told me about your roadtrip. I am jealous! Great idea. Just read the article in the paper as well. When are you arriving in Montreal and do you have seats yet for this game?

Burrows