Sunday 4 February 2007

Hockey Bay, USA...



So it’s Hockey Bay, USA (that's Tampa Bay's slogan not mine and pretty clever I thought). Let me tell you, what a difference from the Panthers game. The crowd was rambunctious (they gave out the blow up plastic tubes that you bang together and the majority were loving it), they seemed to know what was going on and they won a close game against the Rangers 3 – 2. It got a double C&T thumbs up!



It was the first rink we have been to where there was live music and bars set up outside the entrance before and after the game…a great atmosphere. Something that I would like to point out at this stage of the trip is the image that hockey has of being all fighting and violence. Please take note of the Road Trip Stats and you will see that we have hardly seen a fight. What the hell! Trust me, I'm just as disappointed as the rest of you!



We have been staying with Kendall and Arlene in Sarasota for the last couple of days. Sarasota - where the not so young meet the sea. It’s been nice to have a few days to not drive for 5 hours to 8 hours!! Of course, that all begins again on Monday!



I suppose our southern tour is over and we’re off to Atlanta to visit Jon, Marla and Landon. We also pick up James and Doug. James is with us for Atlanta, Nashville and Carolina. A formal request was made to the trip executive for Doug to join the tour for the Atlanta and Nashville games...a unanimous decision was reached, in his favour! Art and I aren't entirely sure if it's the hockey Doug wants to see or the chance to see Dolly in Nashville??? I'm pretty sure we'll also be taking a side trip to the Jack Daniel’s distillery...look out!

Finally someone else to talk to besides Art!

3 comments:

coiner22 said...

Art & Chris,

My parents were talking about your live at 5 bit so I had to check out your blog. Very excited for both and you and jealous of course. What a great idea. Wish you both all the best and stay safe.

Greg Aucoin

kim and rob said...

hey art and chris, we are enjoying the blog and following it everyday....take care and enjoy...rob and kim

Nancy said...

Hey there...I am a freelance writer with NHL.com. Your friend Brad notified me of your journey. VERY cool. Email me at nhlnancy@optonline.net
when you get a chance.