Wednesday 7 March 2007

The Hub of Hockey...



So it wasn't the most exciting game of hockey I've seen to date - Boston didn't deserve to win and they didn't, losing 2 - 0 to Colorado (they didn't play much better). Tim Thomas (Boston goalie) played awesome though and I got to see another Nova Scotia native play - Glen Murray (and Joey MacDonald got traded to the Bruins but didn't get the start).



TD Northbank Garden is pretty easy to get to as it sits on top of the train lines (the new Garden is right beside the old Garden). I would have taken more photos but it was the colder than cold last night and I think the camera battery froze quicker than my bare hands. It wasn't so awesome waiting on the open air train platforms!



Boston clam chowder (didn't have any!). I travelled to Boston on game day and since I have decided not to pay any more tolls, the trip took 5.5 hours instead of 3.5 hours. It was a better drive as I travelled through the hills of Vermont and some tidy towns along the way. Plus, what would I have done if I arrived early. I've been to Boston before so I didn't need to play tourist. I would take more pictures but find it a bit dangerous when I'm driving to get the camera out and start snapping away...I'll give it try but you you might not get anymore posts!



I left Boston today and the completed a round trip back into NY - through Connecticut and no tolls...took a scenic route through Amherst, MA. I was talking to Dale and he convinced me it was nice and it was but never again!! Oh, there was a slight emergency on the return trip as I endured a very long stretch of highway with no services and a lot of traffic so it almost came down to a certain type of jug (Note: for the exact name of the jug, refer to what Ray (Ricky's dad from Trailer Park Boys) would have used when he was driving the big rigs.)

No comments: